Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer time and creativity flourishes

I was so worried that I wouldn't have enough inventory for the three shows that I scheduled for June, sooo I've been sewing soo much of the time. The Stillwater Rivertown Art Fair was the first, and it was amazing. It was fun to see some of the artists that I met last year..... Lauren and her Hopelark Jewelry was my neighbor at a show last year, and we were side-by-side at this show. For years, I have been an admirer of Cherie Meyers beadwork and I've now gotten to know her, and she is so willing to share her art-show-knowledge to those of us just starting out. It was great to visit her at this show. A new artist-colleague is Chris Swedzinski, whom I've known as "Representative." He displays as Swede Steelworks. Yes, politicians have lives away from the state capitol. I saw his work for the first time. Pressure of a deadline motivates some of my best work, and I am so pleased with this nautical-themed bowl, table topper and trivet that I have made for this weekend's Excelsior Art on the Lake Art Fair. These pieces are the result of a stop to the clearance room of ColorZ quilts in Brainerd..... it's amazing how somebody's scraps turn into somebody else's treasure. The bowl stands 8 inches tall and about 6 inches across the top. The table topper is 16 inches in diameter, and the trivet.... well it's about 7 inches in diameter. Sold as a set or separately. Molly will be with me at the Excelsior show displaying her fabric flowers. Please stop by. If you like art shows, this is one that you don't want to miss. (On June 20, I will be in Lanesboro at the Art in the Park show)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question