Monday, June 15, 2015

I am my own worst critic

Excelsior Art on the Lake was an amazing show and experience. I got my initial look at some of the artists' works when I came to set up my tent on Friday. I felt my self-esteem slowly fall from the high of being accepted into this show. "How did I get into this show?" I questioned as I evaluated the work and the prices as I walked to my spot. "Oh, maybe I was a sympathy vote," I said to myself. I felt like this when I landed at the College of St. Benedict on PROBATION and my roommate had every scholastic award imaginable. I just told myself that I had a great opportunity and to make the most of the opportunity. The same with my art. I am so new at this, and I realize these shows - more than anything at this point - provide an opportunity for me to learn about marketing, display, pricing and yes, of course, my products. (Once again, my hat brims were a hit, but so were Molly's flowers- the new display helped.) So now it's time to prepare for this weekend's Laneboro Art in the Park. Yeah --- my bowl made it onto their promotional material!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question