Monday, March 30, 2015

Judges: Love the product- not so much the display

I just received the judges’ comments from my application to Excelsior’s Art on the Lake event – (I’m in- Yeah). But I have some work to do. While they like my creations, my booth, it seems, needs work. So, I’m taking their suggestions to heart, and thanks to my daughter Molly, the ideas are flowing – well from her, anyway. We are going to step up my game. What the judges had to say:.........
Comment: Interesting idea. Making old forms and objects with different materials. The booth will need to be more fresh and exciting. Comment: Nice reinterpretation of traditional craft. Incorporating re-purposed materials is nice touch. The bowl with interwoven beads has an especially Nice aesthetic. Comment: Impressive use of sewing to create sculpture! Please re-do the welcome sign. It looks kitschy next to everything else.
Hey, wait a minute “kitschy?” I love that sign – it stays.
My hat brims were such a hit last year and Molly suggests I really focus on a good display- look at the Styrofoam heads she’s covering with strips of fabric! I think they will help to really increase sales. I would love to see these fun brims on more heads! I’m anxious to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question