Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Every show has its own personality

Every show has its own personality. And Laneboro's Art in the Park event fit me perfectly. Set among the trees of Sylvan Park, no wind, perfect temperatures and a great "older" crowd made for a show that I will remember as one of the best. I loved the slow pace and the walkability factor. We took down the side walls of the tent, and just let the breezes play. Of course, the conversations with the customers were wonderful.
I'm learning that you can't predict what's gonna sell at a show- while my sun brims have been very popular at other shows, at this one, well, not so much. I sold out of bread bowls, and all my so-called "casserole cozyies." Here are a few photos of the day:
This young woman is a exchange student from Japan and was looking for presents to bring back home with her. With Chan's help, she selected two bowls. As a journalist, I remember when I saw my first byline in print. Oh my, what a thrill. Well, that feeling came back to me tenfold when, walking the streets of Lanesboro, I saw the Art in the Park poster and my work was featured "above the fold." I was so proud ... I know I have so much to learn about this new path I am on, but this was a very A+ moment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question