Monday, June 6, 2016

When s**t happens, neighbors counted on to lend a hand

There's a "good neighbor" policy with art festival participants. You never know when you're going to need an extra set of hands, a tool that you forgot at home or even a shoulder to cry on when a gust of wind comes and knocks over your display. I'm more comfortable in the "lending a hand" role, and not so good about asking for help. Such was the case on Saturday at the Stillwater Rivertown Art Festival. My usual "helpers" were not available. But I was confident that I could get the goods moved from the car, the tent up and staked. HA! What I sight I must have been moving one side of the tent to the next, trying to extend the legs upward in between wind gusts. I put up a good fight, till I could fight now more -it was just too much of a struggle, so I did what is so hard for me to do - ask for help! The guys from Dave Hanke's custom fishing rods, my neighbors for the two days, were there for me. In no time my tent was up, and my shelving was secured so that the wind wouldn't knock 'em over. I've witnessed this type of generosity over and over. And I am so grateful. Additionally, my other neighbor, Nanna, who assembles amazing terrariums, made sure that my booth was covered while I went to the bathroom, when needed. I invite you to visit her website as well. Well, this weekend I'm off to Excelsior for Art on the Lake. It's suppose to be 90 degrees. Can't think of a better place to be than on the shores of Lake Minnetonka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question