Wednesday, June 22, 2016

How to survive the heat and humidity in a 10 x 10 tent

Oh my. I just looked at the weather forecast for this weekend for the south metro: “Hot and humid with strong afternoon thunderstorms.” Well that could be a challenge during my participation at the Eagan Art Festival.
Weather can make or break you – and I’m not just referring to sales. Sitting in a tent on a hot steamy day, is, yes, like being in a sauna. I’m not joking when I say we vendors measure the day by how much water we consume without having to go to the bathroom. Here’s how we make it bearable:
Pray that you are situated so that your tent opening is NOT facing south or west; Put the side walls up so that any breeze can blow through: Get a personal battery operated fan and a big portable fan (be sure to bring batteries, just in case) Water- lots of water- forget the bottles- bring a jug fill it with ice and cucumber slices; Encourage your friends who plan to visit the show to “BRING YOU WATER.” If you have ideas on how to stay cool, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question