Sunday, July 10, 2016

Broken threads, breaking threads - oh the pain of it all

There is a big difference in threads, and because I go through miles and miles of it, I am learning that some are better for my sewing machine than others. Years ago Coats and Clarks was the sewing standard, but now the choices of fiber and count are overwhelming. When I started this fiber coiling journey, I upped my choice to Guterman. The color selection is great and JoAnn Fabrics stocks it and you know that means ---- COUPONS APPLY! But, going through thread like I do, even with coupons, it is a costly supply. So on to ordering from Connecting Threads- while the color selection can't be beat, I'm not happy with the LINT and I have had spools with broken thread. What should I do????? Help. If you have some thread suggestions for me, let me know. Also do any of you use compressed air to clean your bobbin area (the stuff in a can you use to blow grime from a keyboard)? Just to let you know, this past weekend's Art at St. Kate's show was wonderful - great weather, friendly people and lots of creative fiber artists. I got word that I will be participating in the Chaska River Town Days art fair on July 30. It is one day only,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question