Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Duluth - pretty sticky, but I'm glad I stuck around.

Two days tenting on asphalt at Highland Fest in the July heat didn't seem to phase me. But two days at Art on Bayfront Park near the shores of Lake Superior took its toll. Heat exhaustion! Sunday there was no wind; lots of heat, sun and humidity, too much for this out-of-shape body. I drove home sick and had to skip a half day of work. However, it was a great event, with great crowds ..... well, on Saturday. I connected with some people from the days when I lived in the Twin Ports, and I had a chance to dine Friday night with bead artist Cheri Meyer at Lake Avenue Restaurant. Was the food ever good. However, as a sign of things to come, the electricity went out and it got a bit steamy; they treated us to their CEVICHE, as a reward for "sticky"-ing around. I truly loved the festival, but I don't think I'll be back next year. They are running it in conjunction with the Tall Ships that will be visiting, and extending the event to four days. Yikes, that's a pretty big financial and time commitment. I wish the planners well, but I just question whether (even with the tall ships visiting) that Duluth can support a four-day art festival. Well, it's time for me to say goodbye to summer shows and start planning for fall. Check my new website for dates and locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question